Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 136

I saw Jude Law Play Hamlet!
Fakuation.London (hamlet)


Yesterday Katie,Greg and I got up at the crack o' dawn (6:30 AM) and boarded the Oxford Espress (that's the correct spelling) to London to get on the "queue" for Hamlet at the Donmar staring none other than the witty,charming,classy and overall adorable Jude Law. We were 8th in line for the 30 tickets they release on a daily basis and after 3 hours of waiting (we thought thye released the tickets at 10 am but because it was sunday they released them at 11 am boo!) and playing games like "who would win in a fight..." we finally got our tickets. And guess what? We got box seats!!! That's right, just like Lincoln baby! Here are pictures of our seats...




The show was great (3 hours long but great). Jude Law was great in the part and even made eye contact with me and Katie on four seperate occasions!

But I digress. I'm missing a whole chunk of the day. We bought the tickets at 11 am but the show didn't start till 3pm so...

We went to Camden Market!





You can't really tell by the pictures, but Camden Town Market is AWESOME (for a better understanding of what it really looks like see the 2002 Amanda Bynes classic, "What a Girl Wants" where Amanda Bynes' character runs away to London to find the Dad she never knew but ends up finding a lot more, including herself")

We met up with Linda and her English boyfriend Stuart (not Stu, Stuart) and walked around.
I bought a pair of sunglasses and postcards for 10 pence, but other than that everything was crap. I mean that in the most sincere way. I also didn't really buy anything because I'm going to Amsterdam today! (I plan to buy a lot there)

After the show we ate some fish and chips outside at a pub then walked over to Trafalger square to sit on some Lions. We had a mini photo shoot and here are the pictures from that shoot that we took photos at...





The weather was awesome and it was light out until 10pm so we stayed a bit longer than planned. At the restaurant the bathroom was covered in West End theater posters so I swiped a Chicago the musical poster starring Jerry Springer! We got home around midnight and I passed out. I might be updating from Amsterdam because I'm bringing my computer. (Just don't expect the post to make any sense!)

That's all for now, stay tuned for more posts in the next few days!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Andrea A Message!