Wednesday, March 18, 2009

HAIFA DAY TRIP

Hey! The dining hall was closed yesterday for cleaning so all the volunteers in the dining hall had the day off! DAY TRIP TO HAIFA!

Haifa


Ben got sick, I think I gave him what I had in Egypt so he couldn't come (even though the trip was his idea) so the Swede, the Australian and the American set off to that big beautiful city in the sky!

Here are some pictures of us at the Ba'hai gardens, it's the holiest place for the world's newest religion!







After our tour of the gardens which were spectacular, we went for lunch at the German Colony. I was told the history of this place but I can't remember, I guess one can always wikipedia the history of the German Colony in Haifa if one was really interested, but as far as I'm concerned it was a nice little area with cute shops and outdoor eateries.

Ketura, Matilda and I ate at Amadeus, a little Israeli cafe where we ate brick oven pizza and drank fanta. My stomach is miraculously better as is my digestiive system as a whole. Phew. Tanks Gawd!

After lunch we boarded a bus to funville(we literally asked the bus driver to take us somewhere fun)and got off at mt. carmel, a cool place better suited for the nightlife, we shopped around and I purchased a star of david necklace for myself.

I won't go into detail with the whole bus fiasco, but long story short, we got on a bus going the wrong way and ended up in the wrong bus station. Zero point zero shekels later we were at the right stop and heading back to Afula. Twas a fun day for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Andrea A Message!