Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend with the Family Part Dos


Ya'la Kadima!

When I last posted I had just arrived at the Israeli Macy's. They were so welcoming and warm, they treated me like family! So Jeffrey is the one I've been in contact with the most, he is the son of Neil Macy (Neil is my grandpa's first cousin)and a professor of Political science at Hebrew University (I got to visit the campus on Sunday). His wife Rachel (pronounced Rah-kchel with a chh) was born in Israeli and is so knowledgeable about the country; we went to Jerusalem together and I learned more in one morning than my whole birthright taglit trip. Daphne is their eldest daughter and the same age as me. I don't think I could write enough about the similiarities and strange coincidences that we have between us. (Both double majoring in Communications and Theater/Film)She is by far my favorite long lost 21 year old cousin from Israel and I hope we will meet up again soon! Noa is the youngest in the Israeli Macy clan and so talented. She's only 15 and already an origami/pottery master! Much like Robyn, she enjoys art and collecting things, also she's an active member of the Israeli Youth Movement (which is sort of a mix between the scouts and group training)

On Sunday morning Rachel,Jeffrey, Daphne and I went to Mini Israel. I won't explain, I will just post pictures and let you figure it out!












After mini Israel, we came back to the house and Noa introduced me to the second best card game I've ever played...TAKI!

This game is like Uno but with more rules and so much fun! The Israeli Macy's actually ended up buying me my own pack of TAKI to bring around the world and back to the US.



Daphne and I also played a game of Up Words and both managed to f***" up words! While it's acceptable for Daphne to make an error (English isn't her first language) I made the first mistake and ruined the game!

After a four o'clock Lunner (lunch/dinner), the whole family went to the mall (once it opened) for a little shopping and paroosing. Rachel picked out a pair of beautiful earrings by Israeli designer Michal Negrin for me and I absolutley can't thank her enough for them!

Once we left the mall, Daphne and I went out with a bunch of her friends to a restaurant and I for the first time I felt like an Israeli. All of her friends were so kind and welcoming, they asked me about America and I asked them to teach me words in Hebrew.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Andrea A Message!