Saturday, February 7, 2009

DAY FOUR-FIVE

Gilboa


Phew, well now that I’m settled I can begin blogging on a daily basis, not a weekly cross country one. I am in Geva and I love it. The kibbutz life is stress free and amazing.

Last night was the open mic night and reggae party. I sang I’m Yours by Jason Mraz with Ben from Holland. He started here a day before me so we were the newbies.

After the Open Mic the music started and well..you can see pictures below how fun it was. I danced the night away and drank gold star Israeli beer. It was Shabbat so we had all eaten dinner together which was nice.

After the party I called Mom and Dad and caught up with them, it was nice to hear their voices.

Waking up at a quarter to twelve was nice this morning. No work on the Sabbath (thanks God!) I went to lunch with the volunteers and filled my tupperwear with food for dinner. Hot dogs and beans and brocolli yum!

At around 2 pm a few of the volunteers and I got together and decided to climb Mt. Gilboa across the street. In the bible Mt. Gilboa is where King David of Israel surrendered to the Philiistiends. Only he didn’t really surrender, he stabbed himself. Look it up in the torah- it’s in there.

As you can tell by the pictures and videos it was a fantastic day for a hike. We left later so we’d be at the top of the mountain for the sunset, only we were too busy taking in the scenary on the other side of the mountain that we forgot to turn around for the sunset!

Nonetheless it was a beautiful,breathtaking hike where we saw wild cattle,ate grapefruit off trees and saw Brahmm’s face cut into grass forming a giant portrait. (see pictures)

The hike started at 2 and we returned at 7, it was an incredible day had by all and I grew closer to the volunteers who went.







Tonight we’re having a bonfire then watching Hook with Robin Williams.

1 comment:

  1. Andrea! It looks beautiful there! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!! I'm blowing some ice-cream cone bubbles in your honor.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Andrea A Message!