Saturday, April 25, 2009

LONG TIME NO SPEAK!

Hey Everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted...probably cause I'm at Oxford where everyone reads for 24 hours a day. I'm not exaggerating. Seriously, there are no weekends because everyone works all the time. Which is fine I guess, considering this is the only time in my life where I can devote 100% of my free time to William "The Bard" Shakespeare. This week I had to read "Twelfth Night" and write an essay on "Identity" The essay must be 2000-25000 words..and that's it. According to my new friends here who have been at Oxford for more than one semester, say this type of essay is a rarity and usually we are given a longass booklist to read in one week. ::fingers crossed that doesnt happen::

So I would love to post a million pictures for ya'll but I have to admit my camera has been relaxing in my dresser drawer. My friend/roommate Mary Baskerville has been taking all the pictures around here, but don't worry, I think tomorrow I'll snap some for the blog (you're welcome Dad).

The weather has been gorgeous and I just got back from a walk around the river Thames (pronounecd tems, like temperature without the 'per' or the 'ature').

In case you haven't been talking to Shari (my mom who's been acting like my press agent) you wouldn't know that I've moved. Well if you've sent a postcard to 222 Abingdon Road, don't worry about it, I know the people there, if you haven't sent a postcard but would like to, send it to 107 Botley Road, OX1,OHB and I'll be sure to receive it!

Okay, here are some pictures I stole off of Mary's blog,





The awesome medieval gate leading up to the entrance of my college, Hertford (pronounced Hartford) Jonathon Swift once went here along with John Dunne! For other info about my college click here!





















The Bodelein Library, one of the oldest buildings in England- it's really historical here's a link about it, also they filmed Harry Potter here! I almost snapped a picture in the entrance hall(the infirmary at Hogwarts where Harry's arm healed) but the librarian told me to put my camera away!











Greg from Commack and Katie from Michigan














Me and Trishy the fishy on our way to a BBQ (don't ask)









While I type Mary is uploading wayyyy more pictures to picasa so my next post will be 90% pictures I promise! Thanks for reading! Tell your friends, if you want, or just keep reading!


1 comment:

  1. Trishy the Fishy?? Oh dear. My only association is our very own Theatre Department chair Trish. ANd picturing her in fish form is pretty hilarious.

    Love all of your travel pictures/blogs. Looks like you're having an incredible time!!

    Brockport misses you :). I can't wait to see you in the fall!

    -Rachael Yoder

    ReplyDelete

Leave Andrea A Message!